Date: 25 May 2018
Welcome to the Sally Clay website.
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. Who is the data controller?
- 2. What personal data do we collect?
- 3. How do we use this personal data?
- 4. Who will process your data?
- 5. Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU?
- 6. How long do we keep your personal data?
- 7. How can you manage the information we hold about you?
1. Who Is The Data Controller?
Your personal data will be processed by Sally Clay Ltd, as the data controllers.
Under the data protection law, the data controller is responsible for ensuring that your data is held securely, that you are given accurate information about how your data is used, and that your rights regarding your data are respected.
The Sally Clay website is owned and run by Sally Clay Ltd. For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the Law), the data controllers for any personal data we hold about you are Sally Clay Ltd of Cranny Cottage The Cranny, Offord Cluny, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 5RZ, United Kingdom.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.sallyclay.co.uk:
- a) We process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- b) We collect your email address when you sign up to receive our newsletter.
- c) If you register for a Sally Clay account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favourite designs and your marketing preferences.
- d) When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- e) We collect and process data about your browsing on www.sallyclay.co.uk, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- f) If you are a customer of www.sallyclay.co.uk, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- g) If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift – we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
How Do We Use The Personal Data?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- a) When you purchase a product from www.sallyclay.co.uk we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
- b) When you visitwww.sallyclay.co.uk, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
- c) When you visit www.sallyclay.co.uk, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- e) When you register on www.sallyclay.co.uk, we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognise you on return visits and provide you with the services registration offers, such as creating a Wish List or subscribing to emails about your favourite designs. If you would prefer not to continue receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- f) When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- g) If you have purchased from www.sallyclay.co.uk, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This contact will normally be via email, but in certain circumstances we may contact you via other methods e.g. we may call you if an item we know you have been eager to purchase comes back into stock. If you would prefer not to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe from emails at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or update your contact preferences on www.sallyclay.co.uk or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- h) We analyse contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences. For example, if you have been browsing or have previously purchased a particular shoe designer, we may send you an email to tell you that these are now on sale or display similar products to you as part of our internet advertising.
- i) When you contact our Customer Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by Sally Clay Ltd, as the data controller.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf:
- Service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you, including:
- Credit reference agencies;
- Payment providers;
- IT support;
- Direct marketing communications agencies and consultants;
- Market research and market analytics service providers;
- Legal and other professional advisors.
- Certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, where required.
- Companies like Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not retain your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data are retained in accordance with the following criteria: When you have purchased goods from www.sallyclay.co.uk, we will retain the billing data until the end of the relevant accounting period, normally seven years from the billing date;
When you make a payment, we will retain your payment details up to the certification of the payment and the completion of the relevant administrative-accounting formalities regarding your right of withdrawal and the terms applied for the disputing of the payment;
When you provide us with personal data in order to use the services of www.sallyclay.co.uk, such as marketing communications, we will keep your data for this purpose until the termination of the service or until you cancel your subscription to the service;
When you give us your consent to send you marketing communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time. We will consider your consent to be current for five years from your last interaction with any email that we send you.
When we use your personal data and browsing history to analyse your behaviour in order to customise the website and to show you personalised sales offers, we will keep the data for analytical purposes until you ask us to delete it;
When we use personal data for market research and satisfaction surveys, we will keep the data until you ask us to stop.
When you contact our Customer Care team, we will keep any additional personal data you provide that is specific to your enquiry for as long as you remain an active customer of www.sallyclay.co.uk.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access any personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and, in certain circumstances, ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within a month after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
Correct and update your information;
Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it);
Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
Provide you your information in a structured data file, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your purchase
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Sally Clay Ltd,
PO Box 304
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Call: 0303 123 1113